Monday, August 14, 2006

Connecticut

Friday I took the Bridgeport-Port Jefferson ferry over the Long Island Sound to Connecticut. I saw my parents and sister that night as we went to the club for the team selection dinner of the weekend’s golf tournament. My dad’s team came in 3rd place, which was really nice to see. The tournament could be a post all by itself, but I won’t go into it here. Feel free to ask me for details.

I saw my sister, who is doing really well. She’s working this summer at and an industrial design company and teaching swim lessons. Classes at her college start up in a couple weeks. My mom is also doing well; she goes back to work pretty soon, too. (She’s a teacher.)

On Saturday, I ate lunch with some great friends from High School, Josh and Austin. They are both doing well, and it was good to catch up. When I go up to Rochester for the Optical Society of America conference in October, I will try to meet up with Austin, because he goes to school up there. Our conversations turned entrepreneurial soon enough. Company ideas were tossed around, and we reassured each other that someday we would start a company. Together we know some great people and it’s just a matter of time before the right idea comes along. Friends from Duke, you know who you are. Bottom line is we need to setup a dialog (weekly, bi-weekly?) for ongoing discussions. Thoughts?

Saturday night we had some people over for dinner. In addition, my dad’s parents drove down for the evening. It was good to see everyone. I don’t think I’ve been back home for a year.

In other news, our neighbor’s daughter Rachel had her 7th birthday party on Sunday. It was definitely a surprise to see how old she has gotten. I definitely remember when she was born. At the party another couple brought their 8 week old baby. It’s really incredible how small she was.

Currently there is increased security at the airports because of an attempted terrorist attack on flights headed to the US from the UK. Thanks to those authorities who foiled their plot. For me, this means I had to buy new shaving cream gel and toothpaste because no gels or liquids are allowed in carry on bags. There was a noticeable increase in security at BDL (Connecticut’s Bradley International Airport). Luckily I was able to speed through security because it wasn’t very busy.

2 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poker night and brainstorming night wrapped into one? Risky, but some of the best ideas come up when drinking and gambling away nickels and dimes, hehe 8-)

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...I still remember you and I sitting in the Wendy's in Danbury thinking how big online gambling could be and how to pull it off right. We should have went for it based on the profits these sites are reporting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home