Wednesday, July 05, 2006

July 4th Weekend

To start off, I want to wish my coworker, Scott, and his newlywed bride, Robin, all the best. I attended their lovely wedding on Saturday, July 1st. Additionally, two great friends, Gregg and Jeff, were in town this weekend. It was great to have the opportunity to catch up with them.

I saw Superman Returns, which I would rate it a 3.8 out of 5. There were a number of references to the historical Superman which were especially amusing. Overall, the movie met my expectations. Not outstanding, but a worth seeing action movie. Interestingly enough, the movie questions its own reason for existence. Does the world need Superman? I believe the world at least needs the idea of a Superman. I’d also be willing to bet Joseph Campbell would agree.



There was a great turnout for the 3rd Annual July 4th BBQ at my house. About 30 friends came over for the hamburgers, hot dogs, and vegiburgers. Guests generously brought their own favorites, too, so we had more than enough food for everyone. Thank you to all who came out!




At the BBQ, we also watched the launch of space shuttle Discovery live in HDTV. The launch was originally scheduled for Sunday, but delays pushed back the date to July 4th. If you ask me, that was probably more than just a coincidence, but the show was well worth the wait.



As if that wasn’t enough, Paul, Jeff, Gregg, and I went to the Journey/Def Leppard concert at Alltel Pavilion Tuesday night with fireworks afterward. Now, I usually try to make the best out of any situation, but we had an incredible time. As you can see, our seats were just amazing. Great music, great friends. Feel free to choose your own tagline. The couple that came to mind include Mastercard's Priceless commercials as well as the all too fitting recent Alltel ads. It's all about being in the Circle.


2 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so money and you don't even know it.

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. The party was fun - thanks for having it!
2. I wonder if they pushed the shuttle launch back on purpose.. you know, controlling the weather and whatnot for patriotism's sake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home