Monday, August 14, 2006

I Love NY

Before I visited my family in Connecticut this past weekend, I stayed with my good friend Tom on Long Island for a couple days. I flew up to LGA (that’s New York’s LaGuardia Airport) and we had an incredible view of Manhattan. For future reference, the right window seat has view. The flight plan took us up the Hudson River and from my window I could see everything New York. ‘Ground Zero’ where the World Trade Centers once stood, Madison Square Garden, Central Park, the Empire State Building, and who could forget Yankee Stadium. Alas, the Yankees were on the road Wednesday, so I had to settle for a Mets game, with Tom and Phil. We watched as the silly fans cheered on their former teammate Mike Piazza (now a San Diego Padre) hit 2 home runs, and almost a third. The Mets won, 4-3.

Thursday we were on the
Island (that is, the Long one). Tom and I saw the World Trade Center movie, which I felt was a good see. That night, we played some poker, while watching the World Series of Poker. I actually ended up doing very well, although having good cards did help. Which got me to thinking: we should start up a poker night at the house here in Durham. To all local readers: what do you think?

2 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, I'll steal your money in poker (again)!

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course! I will be back in a week --- let's get it going!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home