Sunday, July 23, 2006

Week in Review

It has been quite some time since my last post. Lately, I have been very busy at the lab. I’m glad I have the chance now to catch up on the past week’s excitement.

I went to see Chicago and Huey Lewis & the News last weekend with Katie and Roman. The show was a lot of fun. How can you beat rock and roll trombone? This time we sat out in the ‘John Deere’ Lawn at Alltel Pavilion. Great place to watch the show. (Obviously the grass was really nice.) The weather for the day looked a little threatening, but it worked out perfectly. Not a drop of rain the whole evening, plus we saw lightning in the sky behind the stage.

This week, I went to a Durham Bulls game. They got slaughtered by the Red Barons 8-1. Unfortunately not the best game, but at least it was a nice day.



Back at the lab, I’ve made some great progress on how to better use our 3D rapid prototyping machine. I can give more technical details, but this basically allows us to create 3D plastic objects in pretty much whatever shape we want. It gives a new meaning to ‘Save and Print’. My fun non-scientific breakthrough of the week was giving us the ability to import a graphic into our CAD software. Now we can put logos on our parts! (For those concerned, don’t worry, I actually do real
work, too.)



3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Sweet! I could go for a custom plastic printer...

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is this fabled guacamole post? i wanted to read it, because melissa walked in during the story, and so i stopped listening at a crucial point!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Andrew Portnoy said...

sorry for the delay! Avocados and Bananas are now available for consumption.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home