Friday, October 20, 2006

Updates

Last weekend, I ran the Duke Physical Therapy sponsored 5K in 24:40. (Mile pace: 7:58)

I also saw the Departed. I’d recommend it.

This is certainly not important is the overall scheme of things but it made me laugh:

My radiation physics professor is clearly not an expert in pn junctions. In class someone asked how one was made, and he explained that you simply put two pieces of Silicon together. For the non scientist, that’s like saying you build all the levels of a skyscraper on the ground and then stack them on top of each other.

People were passing out bibles the other day. My question is this: If someone takes a bible and later decides “this isn’t for me”, how are they supposed to get dispose of it? I expect someone might get upset if the bible was thrown out (or for that matter, burned). When people try to hand out fliers for stuff they generally don’t get very upset if you just throw it on the ground 10 feet later. Seems like the bible people would.

I just casually did the Chronicle’s [Friday] Sudoku in 20 minutes.

We have another demo for DARPA next week.

It is the fall pledge drive for my favorite classical radio station, WCPE. They stream online, too. [http://theclassicalstation.org] I gave them a donation to show my support. (Recently they played Wynton Marsalis’s “Canon for Three Trumpets And Strings”. It’s a good one, but you already know I’m a fan of Pachelbel's Canon variations.)

On my way to work I passed a man on a bicycle. He ran a red light. Last time I checked, that’s illegal for cars and bicycles! Not a very good way of getting more drivers to share the road. Hypocrite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home