Monday, October 16, 2006

Do you hear what I hear?




Wednesday night Mike, Mohan, and I were stranded in Rochester because of rain in NYC, our connecting city. So it was quite late, and we were at Applebee’s having a small snack and drink. At one point I must have looked pretty focused and the waitress asked Mike/Mohan about me. “Is he communicating? Did he just phone home?”

No, I was not, simply ITZ [in the zone]. I was realizing a musical connection between the song on the radio and Pachelbel's Canon in D. Mohan and Mike were skeptical, but “Can’t Stop Loving You” by Phil Collins has the same chord progression. Right now I probably do sound pretty crazy, but Wikipeida verifies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_in_D

Wikipedia also brought to my attention the piece influence on “Basket Case” by Green Day and Burger King’s jingle. [Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders don’t upset us.]

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha i actually laughed out loud at this one - "did he just phone home?" that's priceless. also, this answers my question of what "ITZ" means, which i first experienced this afternoon when you blew me off on AIM. go acronyms!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home