Friday, October 13, 2006

My glass is half full

A few of us from the DISP group ate breakfast at the hotel one day. The menu listed the buffet as an option. One of the items as listed in the menu was the chef’s daily creation (or something similar). I asked our waiter what the creation of the day was. He did not have any answer other than “nobody’s ever asked that before.” Steve, Scott and Mohan all agreed that of all people, I’d be the one to ask.

Also unsatisfying was their overwhelming selection of nonfat yogurt. Why doesn’t anyone have yogurt with normal fat level anymore? It just tastes better.

Orange juice came with our breakfast buffet. I had a glass, but just wanted a little bit more. While I was getting more food, I asked Steve to relay my instruction of getting exactly half a glass of juice when the waiter came back. I returned to a nearly full glass (~90%). What was his problem? Was I not clear enough? I proceeded to drink my requested volume and left the rest on the table.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever think that maybe Steve was not specific enough with your instructions? Or that perhaps the waiter just wanted to drive you crazy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home