Sunday, October 15, 2006

More from Rochester


Before my talk, Mohan, Scott, and I were utilizing the free wireless internet from the adjacent hotel. We stayed at the Hyatt, which was nice, but they make you pay for everything. I overheard a passerby complaining that he took the wrong voltage adapter for his Blackberry and his battery was almost dead. I offered to help out a fellow member of the Research in Motion family and helped him out with a power-up. The guy turned out to be a former OSA President, Peter Knight from Imperial College in London.

My talk Monday afternoon went well. When I had practiced before, I found that I was taking a long time. I picked up the pace during the actual presentation and ended up finishing slightly early. I was probably talking too fast, so next time I’ll have to remember to slow down.

The OSA student reception was held Monday night at some Western style bar downtown. Funny story, I ran into Connor, who was in high school band with me. Sure enough, he ended up in grad school, too. There was also a bowling alley downstairs so Scott, Mohan, Kelly, and I played a game. I won with a score somewhere between 110 and 120. Overall I had a good time. Mohan has some pictures on his camera phone.

Later that night, I went out with another friend from high school, Austin. We met up with Chris. Good times, great oldies.

[For the time being, my moratorium on beer no longer exists.]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home