Friday, October 27, 2006

Miscellaneous Catch-up

Finally having a chance to catch my breath, it’s time for a blog update.

The demo went well. The last presentation of the day was given by my advisor. His title slide was “Camera Ab Initio.” [High school flashback: Magistra pulcherimma and her latin moments.]

The housekeeping staff noticed that “it’s pretty tight” in our office. I guess I had gotten used to the fact that we squeeze 8 into space designed for 7.

One of the Chinese students in our group has the best ring tone for his phone. It’s the “Star Spangled Banner”.

I saw a couple movies lately. Netflix delivered “Thank You for Smoking” which I enjoyed. Rating: 8.2/10. Interesting lesson in debate and argument.

I end up watching DVDs with subtitles most of the time. Does anyone else do this? Anyway, I was amused by the first few lines of text when the 20th Century Fox intro was playing. “[Drumroll]” “[Rousing orchestral fanfare playing]” I couldn’t have said it better myself.

I also saw “Little Miss Sunshine”. I’d rate it a 7.3/10. Quite funny at points. Very amusing group dynamic.

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger coop said...

i dont know man. little miss sunshine delivered on so many lvls.

got give it a 3.5 on a scale of 4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home