Friday, September 08, 2006

Trip to Las Vegas, NV

I was on a direct flight to Las Vegas from Durham, which worked out really well. Arriving in the evening, I picked up our rental car. When I turned on the car for the first time the radio was playing Van Halen’s “Jump”; this was going to be a good trip.

For our first night in Vegas, Tony, Richard, I went to see comedian Ron White. Unfortunately, Gregg’s flight was later that evening so he couldn’t make it. Ron was drinking Scotch as usual, and it was a fun show. Somewhat pricy, but whatever, it was a vacation. Due to the incompetence our hotel, the Excalibur, Gregg wasn’t able to get the key Tony left for him at the front desk. Names were entered wrong in the computer, and they were just dumb.


We drove out to the Hoover Dam on Saturday. It was quite hot outside. (>100 °F) The dam was fun to see, though. The tour was fair, but the views were great. The sheer size of the dam is amazing. We took a couple pictures there, but Tony hasn’t had a chance to send them out, yet.


I gambled a little bit. I lost a little bit on Roulette, but won on Blackjack and Craps. Overall, I was down marginally, something like $10 or so. Craps was lots of fun though. I won $50. I did manage to loose in a small Texas Hold ‘em poker tournament. I was in with pocket Aces and a small flop came up. I called someone’s “all in” correctly reading that they had a lower pair. Everything was looking good until the River card, when they paired up their other hold card giving them two pair. Annoying, but that’s poker. I did last longer than Tony and Richard. Gregg wisely decided not to throw away his money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home