Monday, January 29, 2007

Andee Firestone

This weekend I was saddened to learn my cousin passed away due to complications arising from a brain tumor. My parents attended the funeral service today near Boston, Massachusetts. Andee Firestone was a registered nurse who worked at the Bertram House of Swampscott, a Sunrise Senior Living community. She has touched many lives as a mother and caregiver. [In a small world way, my friend Chris works for the Sunrise Senior Living Real Estate Investment Trust.]

We must find our own balance between enjoying life and working to make this world a better place. Often times, these overlap, which is all the more special. In times of sadness, I think we are left with the challenge of transforming our grief into growth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home