Thursday, December 28, 2006

"Start Spreading the News" (Trip to NYC)

I first want to express my frustration with airport security confiscating my toothpaste. As of today, only containers of 3 oz. are allowed in carry on bags. Clearly a 4 oz. toothpaste tube is too dangerous. [By the way, screwdrivers and wrenches seven inches or less in length are permitted.] Link

We flew over Arthur Ashe Stadium, which was cool. [google map]

My flight landed at LGA. That’s always fun because you land over the water and looking out the window you basically have to hope that the runway appears. Luckily it did this time. I saw Donald Trump’s Boeing 727-100 plane parked at the airport. It’s pretty big.

It was time to get ready for the Duke vs. Gonzaga basketball game. I instructed my cab driver to “Take me to The Garden.” I had always wanted to say that. Traditionally, Duke schedules one ‘home’ game in the NYC area. This year we were at Madison Square Garden. The game was a lot of fun. I had a good time conducting the Duke Pep Band in “The World’s Most Famous Arena.” It was great to see all the alumni (and current students) who came to the game. My dad and Rick were also there. Not sure about TV coverage, but the band and I definitely made it onto the jumbo screen. We won 61-54.

Other points of interest:

  • Tom, Michelle, and I saw an electronic billboard displaying the IE “Cannot find server” page. It was extremely funny. Too bad John couldn't see it. [The computer running the sign couldn’t connect to the server to get the content it was supposed to display.]
  • The Wachovia ATM ate my debit card. I was able to get one shipped next day to Durham, though. Luckily I was able to get my money.
  • Food-wise, I was able to get the 3 main food items I was looking forward to, a Potato Kinish, a slice of pizza, and cheesecake before we caught the train to Long Island.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home