Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Man of La Mancha

This year's final Broadway at Duke performance was Man of La Mancha. I'd give it a good, but not great review. During my senior year in high school, I was part of the pit orchestra for the show. This probably contributed to my high, fairly unobtainable expectations. Seeing the show again, reminded me of our production. For me one of the funniest parts was the scene in which a Bishop, King, and Queen are conversing. A checkerboard pattern was projected onto the stage and the actors movements were all 'legal'. The Bishop, introduced as 'charmingly diagonal' would move diagonally one way while speaking. The King, 'restricted', would only take one step when he spoke, etc. It was hard to tell, but I don't recall seeing a Knight's movements in this show, whereas I remember that was the case when we did it. It was good, but a little more depth would have made it priceless.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home